Below are two briefs from our labor attorneys that cover the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the recent change in the GA DOL’s reporting of partial Unemployment Insurance Claims.
BRIEF #1: Congress Finalizes COVID-19 Coronavirus Response Act: Prepare to Provide Paid Sick Leave and FMLA
BRIEF 2: Emergency Changes to Georgia Unemployment with Harsh Penalties for Employers In Response To COVID-19
- If you are reducing the hours of full or part-time staff, these laws apply to you.
- If you have employees who are positive for COVID-19, these laws apply to you.
- If you have employees who need time off because they are caring for an infected individual, these laws apply to you.
- If you have employees who need time off because their child’s school or place of care are closed or unavailable, these laws apply to you.
- The impact may be small but may be substantial. Note that the FFCRA goes into effect on April 2. The GDOL change was effective March 16.
Please review both of these documents then develop your strategy for compliance. If you have any questions, we would be happy to discuss them with you.