Skip to main content


Business Owners May Need to Report Medical Insurance Premiums as Wages

By Payroll, S-Corps

Business owners who are covering their health insurance premiums through a company in which they are a greater than 2% S-Corp shareholder-employee need to remember that these premiums are deductible by the S-Corp and therefore reportable as wages on the shareholder-employee’s Form W-2 and subject to income tax withholding. You’ll find this additional compensation included in the shareholder-employee’s Box 1 (Wages) of Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, but is not included in Boxes 3…

Read More

S-Corps Should Remember to Report Company-Paid Health Insurance on Their W2s

By Benefits & Insurance, S-Corps

Here at year-end, company personnel responsible for record-keeping should prepare for W-2 and other tax form reporting by collecting their corporate health insurance information. S-Corporations (S-Corps) must segregate payments made to employees, and their spouses and dependents (which are not wages and are therefore not subject to withholding), from payments made on behalf of officers, owners or employees who own more than 2% of the company’s stock. For the latter individuals, the amount paid on…

Read More

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.