A small business owner typically chooses from one of a number of imperfect choices for processing their payroll:
- CPA – Your CPA helped you before you had your first employee and may offer to process your payroll as you begin to hire. Many CPAs are not able to handle this efficiently. A good choice but typically more expensive.
- Do-it- yourself – even if you have a background in accounting, doing it yourself distracts you from growing your business. In addition, one small tax mistake can cost you money in addition to time.
- Payroll providers – The big payroll companies have automated heavily, driving labor (and cost) out of their business and driving it right into yours. This is more of a "software" answer than a "service" answer.
At Marathon HR, processing payroll is the engine that allows us to efficiently provide all of our other services. Knowing when employees are added and dropped allows us to manage benefits effectively and our frequent contacts allows us to stay up to speed with human resource and safety related issues. In addition, we are competitively priced and we never forget that we are a "service" to our customers.
Our payroll services are flexible and include:
- Tax payment and reporting
- New Hire reporting
- Direct Deposit
- Sick and Vacation Time Tracking
- Time and Attendance Systems
- Garnishment, child support and levy management.
- Detailed Management Reporting